March 16, 2015 by Tom Spilman in News, Releases
This is the MonoGame 3.3 release. It is a culmination of over 3,000 commits from dozens of developers over the last 11 months.
We still lack easy to use installers for Mac and Linux binaries and Xamarin Studio templates, but they are being worked on and we plan on them being available in the next release. For now depend on the zipped binaries above or building from source code when developing from Linux or Mac.
Note this is the first in our new push to release “early and often”. We expect to have official releases on a quarterly to monthly basis based on the submitted fixes and features.
Also this will be the last release with the MonoGame content pipeline extensions for XNA. We will be focusing all efforts on the new MonoGame content pipeline in future releases.
This is a short summary of all the changes in this release:
- Support for vertex texture fetch on Windows.
- New modern classes for KeyboardInput and MessageBox.
- Added more validation to draw calls and render states.
- Cleaned up usage of statics to support multiple GraphicsDevice instances.
- Support Window.Position on WindowsGL platform.
- Reduction of redundant OpenGL calls.
- Fullscreen support for Windows DX platform.
- Implemented Texture2D SaveAsPng and SaveAsJpeg for Android.
- Improved GamePad deadzone calculations.
- We now use FFmpeg for audio content building.
- BoundingSphere fixes and optimizations.
- Many improvements to Linux platform.
- Various fixes to FontTextureProcessor.
- New Windows Universal App template for Windows Store and Windows Phone support.
- Many fixes to reduce garbage generation during runtime.
- Adding support for TextureFormatOptions to FontDescriptionProcessor.
- XNA compatibility improvements to FontDescriptionProcessor.
- Resuscitated the unit test framework with 100s of additional unit tests.
- BoundingFrustum fixes and optimizations.
- Added VS2013 project templates.
- Moved to new MonoGame logo.
- Added MSAA render target support for OpenGL platforms.
- Added optional content compression support to content pipeline and runtime.
- TextureCube content reader and GetData fixes.
- New OpenAL software implementation for Android.
- Xact compatibility improvements.
- Lots of Android fixes and improvements.
- Added MediaLibrary implementation for Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Windows Store.
- Added ReflectiveWriter implementation to content pipeline.
- Fixes to Texture2D.GetData on DirectX platforms.
- SpriteFont rendering performance optimizations.
- Huge refactor of ModelProcessor to be more compatible with XNA.
- Moved NET and GamerServices into its own MonoGame.Framework.Net assembly.
- Runtime support for ETC1 textures for Androud.
- Improved compatibility for FBXImporter and XImporter.
- Multiple SpritBatch compatibility fixes.
- We now use FreeImage in TextureImporter to support many more input formats.
- MGFX parsing and render state improvements.
- New Pipeline GUI tool for managing content projects for Windows, Mac, and Linux desktops.
- New implementation of content pipeline IntermediateSerializer.
- All tools and content pipeline built for 64-bit.
- New documentation system.
- Implement web platform (JSIL) stubs.
- Lots of fixes to PSM.
- Added Protobuild support for project generation.
- Major refactor of internals to better separate platform specific code.
- Added MGCB command line tool to Windows installer.
Thanks for supporting MonoGame!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.